Health System Routes
City & Regional Routes
GoTriangle and other "Go"-transit systems (GoTriangle, GoRaleigh, GoDurham, GoCary) will suspend fares until June 2024. This means they will not accept payment and there is no fare. You may simply board the bus and ride.
As a result, Duke students and employees do not need a GoPass in order to ride the bus and will not need to provide any type of payment or show ID while riding the "Go"-system buses. Duke Parking and Transportation will not offer the GoPass during the 2021-2022 academic year as they are unnecessary to ride "Go"-system buses. If there are any changes to this policy, we will notify past GoPass holders, post an advisory at parking.duke.edu and update this page.
- GoDurham - Provides service throughout the city of Durham
- GoTriangle - Provides service to Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, Apex, Hillsborough and Garner
- GoRaleigh - Provides service throughout the city of Raleigh
- GoCary - Provides service in and around Cary
- Chapel Hill Transit - Offers free service for all fixed routes in and around Chapel Hill
Taxi, Ride Hailing Service Rules
Passengers and drivers of taxi and ride hailing services should note that some restrictions are in place for access to Duke’s campus. Restricted zones along with alternative and special event locations can be reviewed here.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, our buses and vans are ADA accessible. All Duke Transit vehicles are equipped to accommodate wheelchairs; most full-size buses also kneel, if needed.
Students with permanent or temporary physical disabilities may apply for Duke Vans' daytime paratransit services. Due to limited resources, rides may not always be available.