Pay By Phone
Now there’s another way for you to pay for visitor parking at Duke. PayByPhone lets you to pay for parking in seconds. The app allows you to extend your parking session from anywhere and will even remind you when your parking session is about to expire!
Once you have registered for an account, you can park in 2 easy steps:
- Enter the location number posted on the PayByPhone signs
- Select a parking duration
You can use PayByPhone at Duke visitor lots in these lots:
- 300 Swift Avenue
- Bassett Drive
- Bell Tower lot - East Campus
- Bryan Center lot
- Campus Dr. and Anderson St. lot (after 5 p.m. and weekends)
- Child Guidance metered lot
- Circuit Drive visitor lot
- Duke Gardens lots
- East Campus Quadrangle
- Epworth lot - East Campus
- Flowers Drive metered spaces
- Fuqua School of Business
- Nasher Museum of Art
- Science Drive visitor lot
- Smith Warehouse visitor lot closest to Buchanan Blvd.
- Towerview Road on-street spaces
- Whitford Drive ungated spaces
- Karsh Alumni and Visitor Center
Parking with PayByPhone costs $2 per hour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I download the app?
Any Apple or Android device can support PayByPhone and can be downloaded at:
How do I sign up?
Registration with a free PayByPhone account is required and can be completed via the mobile app (on iOS and Android devices) or the web app at www.paybyphone.com. The next time you log on, your details will be automatically recognized. The following information is required to set up an account:
- Mobile phone number
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX)
- License plate of car(s)
What are the benefits?
- No need for cash or coins
- Text message reminders before your parking expires
- Extend your parking session from the app
- View and print parking receipts online, or opt-in to emailed receipts
- Stay warm by paying from the comfort of your car
Do I also need to pay at the meters or pay station in my visitor lot?
No, if you use PayByPhone for that lot, you should not pay at the meters or pay station.
How does the parking enforcement officer know I’ve paid by phone?
When you pay for parking by phone, your license plate and parking time are automatically displayed on the device used by the parking officer. Users do not need to display a receipt.
What if I get a parking ticket?
If you believe you have received a ticket in error, please contact the Parking and Transportation Services Department. Instructions are on the back of the ticket. You can use your PayByPhone account to check payment status. Please print out copies to bring or send to PTS. They will not accept visual inspection of your phone as proof.
How do I add an additional vehicle to my account?
Adding a vehicle may be completed within the PayByPhone app, or by going to paybyphone.com and logging into your account. You may add up to nine vehicles.
Is it safe to do a credit card transaction on a mobile phone?
Yes. Your credit card number is encrypted when you sign up and is never entered, displayed, or spoken during a transaction.
When will I see the transactions on my credit card statement?
Each time you pay for parking with PayByPhone, the payment is processed in real- time. The amount of time that elapses before it shows up on your account will vary depending on your credit card company. Your charge will appear as “Pay By Phone Parking” on your credit card statement.
Can I get a receipt?
You can view all your transaction by logging onto your account at paybyphone.com. All parking charges can be printed off in the form of a receipt. Email receipts are available; select this optional feature on your profile.