Handicapped Permit Policies

3.11 Handicapped Parking Permits  

3.11.1 Any employee who, because of a permanent disability, requires a vehicle on campus, must apply for a parking permit to park in an accessible space.  The individual is responsible for providing EOHW (employees) all information required to process and review their request for an exception due to disability.  If requesting special parking for 3 months or less, a medical provider's note stating the individual's mobility limitations is required.  The note must be on the provider's official stationery or prescription pad.

State HCP sign
Students requesting temporary handicap parking should submit the request form to tranpark@duke.edu.

Students requesting permanent handicap parking should present a permanent state issued accessible parking placard to the Parking Office at 302 Science Drive, on the ground level of the Science Drive Garage.