Undergraduate Student Permits
Academic Year 2020-2021 Announcement
Your parking permit type is based upon whether you live on or off campus but housing assignment information will not be available until mid-July. Please purchase your permit after July 27 and before August 7 at Manage My Parking Account.
Undergraduate students enrolled in fall semester classes are eligible to purchase a parking permit that is valid from Aug. 16 of the current year to Aug. 15 of the following calendar year. If you expect to graduate in spring or summer, you are not eligible to purchase a permit for the following academic year. We receive expected graduation information from the Registrar's Office.
We encourage you to purchase your permit before you arrive on campus.
- First-year student? Read about your options.
- If you live on West Campus or off campus (most other undergraduates), you are eligible to park in the Blue Zone.
- If you live at 300 Swift Avenue (mostly undergraduates), you are eligible to purchase an "S" permit.
- The Duke Transit experience will change significantly this year. Social distancing requirements limiting buses to 50% capacity will require that you carefully plan each trip, allowing ample time ahead of class change, meeting obligations and appointments. While you may bring a vehicle to campus a better or secondary alternative that offers flexibility and allows for social distancing as you move about is a bicycle or scooter.
Consider our alternative transportation options before you buy a permit.
- Exciting benefits, including preferred parking locations and free permits, are available for commuting undergraduates who carpool.
- Enterprise CarShare provides a convenient and eco-friendly way to get around – whether it's to run errands, drive around campus or take a road trip.
If you're studying abroad and will need a parking permit when you return to campus, purchase your permit when you return.
Manage Your Parking Account
Permit sales for 2020-2021 undergraduate students begin after July 20 at My Parking Account.
Permit fees are charged to your bursar account. The fee is prorated monthly.
To purchase a permit, log in to your parking account. You may also:
- Update your permit mailing address (to update any other address, contact Student Information Services and Systems)
- Add/update a vehicle
Your receipt will include a temporary, printable (PDF) permit for your use until your permanent permit arrives.