Renewing Your Employee Permit
Most employee permits expire Aug. 15, 2020.
- If your permit expires Aug. 15, 2020, and you payroll deduct the parking fee, the cost will change automatically to the new rate in your September pay. You will not receive a new permit, and no further action on your part is required.
- If your permit expires Aug. 15, 2019, and the fee is partially or fully paid by your department, you will receive information from Parking and Transportation Services about the renewal process. This includes permits that have the letters AMR, CPL, FD, RS, RSD and UA in the permit number.
- If your permit expires Aug. 15, 2019, and you payroll deduct the fee, it will be automatically renewed and a new permit will be mailed to you. Please confirm the address where your permit will be delivered by visiting Manage My Parking Account. The new rate will begin in your September pay.
Automatic Renewal/Payroll Deduction: Verify Mailing Address
Most employees have their parking fee payroll deducted. This includes AMS (Ambulatory Shared), and AMR (Ambulatory Reserved) permits. If you fall into this group, we'll automatically renew your permit and mail it to the address we have on record. The new permit rate will be reflected in your September pay.
Log in to your account with your NetID and password to:
- Verify your mailing address, to ensure you receive your permit
- Add your name to a waitlist for a desired facility
- Add vehicle information
About Payroll Deduction
- Federal law allows parking costs to be deducted from the salary of eligible employees before taxes are applied.
- By paying for a permit through payroll deduction, the amount of salary subject to Federal and State withholding tax is reduced by the cost of the permit.
- Payroll deducting permit fees is the only way for eligible employees to take advantage of the pre-tax opportunity. A take-home pay calculator is available to demonstrate this benefit.
Non-Payroll Deduction: Re-Apply for Permit by August 1
If your permit is not payroll deducted, complete a permit application by August 1. Choose one of these payment options:
- Start payroll deduction - If you're full-time faculty or staff, we can payroll deduct your permit fee on a pre-tax basis (read more below). Sign the waiver on the application form. Scan and email the form to email@example.com.
- Check - Mail the form and check to Parking and Transportation Services, Box 90644, Durham, North Carolina, 27708-0644.
- Cash or credit - Bring the form to one of our locations.
Several permit rate categories are available, which are based on several factors, including proximity to employee work locations. Use the links in the table below to view a rate's associated facilities. Note that not all facilities have availability, and there are typically waitlists for many West Campus and Health System facilities. Rates are effective August 16, 2019.
|Garage or Lot Type||Monthly Fee|
|Reserved Decks and Spaces||$177.50|
|Universal Access permit||$154.00|
|Premium Lots, Garages and Spaces||$110.75|
|Medical Center Garages||$92.00|
|University Lots (FUQ, LAW, PPS)||$63.50|
|Medical Center Lots (PL, LB, CFL, DFC)||$61.25|
|University Remote Lots; H Lot||$17.25|
|Medical Center Remote Lots (R1, R2, HR)||$12.50|