Renewing Your Employee Permit
Most employee permits expire Aug. 15, 2021. Parking rates will not change for 2021-2022.
- If your permit has a printed expiration date of Aug. 2024 and you payroll deduct the fee, you will not receive a new permit, and no action on your part is required. Continue using your 2024 hangtag permit.
- If your permit has a printed expiration date of Aug. 2020 and you payroll deduct the parking fee, it will be automatically renewed and a new permit will be mailed to you. Please confirm the address where your permit will be delivered and review or update current vehicle information by visiting My Parking Account. Confirm your payroll deduction authorization. Your new hangtag permit should arrive by the first week of August.
- If your permit expires Aug. 15, 2020, or the fee is partially or fully paid by your department, your department will receive information from Parking and Transportation Services about the renewal process.
Automatic Renewal/Payroll Deduction: Verify Mailing Address and Payroll Deduction Authorization
Please confirm the address where your permit will be delivered and review or update current vehicle information by visiting My Parking Account. Confirm your payroll deduction authorization. Your new hangtag permit should arrive by the first week of August.
About Payroll Deduction
- Federal law allows parking costs to be deducted from the salary of eligible employees before taxes are applied. Confirm your payroll deduction authorization.
- By paying for a permit through payroll deduction, the amount of salary subject to Federal and State withholding tax is reduced by the cost of the permit.
Non-Payroll Deduction: Re-Apply for Permit by July 19
If your permit is not payroll deducted, complete a permit application by July 19. Choose one of these payment options:
- Start payroll deduction - If you're full-time faculty or staff, we can payroll deduct your permit fee on a pre-tax basis (read more above). Sign the waiver on the application form. Scan and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check - Mail the form and check to Parking and Transportation Services, Box 90644, Durham, North Carolina, 27708-0644.
- Cash or credit - Bring the form to one of our locations.
Several permit rate categories are available, which are based on several factors, including proximity to employee work locations. Use the links in the table below to view a rate's associated facilities. Note that not all facilities have availability, and there are typically waitlists for many West Campus and Health System facilities. Rates are effective August 16, 2021.
|Garage or Lot Type||Monthly Fee|
|Reserved Decks and Spaces||$177.50|
|Universal Access permit||$154.00|
|Premium Lots, Garages and Spaces||$110.75|
|Medical Center Garages||$92.00|
|University Lots (FUQ, LAW, PPS)||$63.50|
|Medical Center Lots (PL, LB, CFL, DFC)||$61.25|
|University Remote Lots; H Lot||$17.25|
|Medical Center Remote Lots (R1, R2, HR)||$12.50|