After-Hours Permit (Night Permit)
If you are a faculty member, staff or commuting student and do not own an annual parking permit, you are eligible for an after-hours ("Night") permit at no charge. Your annual permit will grant access to the same lots as a NGT permit.
Night permits will be issued as PDFs only. No physical hangtag permits are available.
The permit is valid:
- Monday through Friday from 5 p.m. to 6:59 a.m.
- All day Saturday and Sunday
The permit provides access to almost all garages, gated and surface lots.
These locations are not available for the NGT permit.
- Fuqua lot
- IM lot
- Law lot
- Nursing School (NS) lot
- Public Policy lot
- Research Dr. Garage reserved and visitors sections
- Science Dr. Garage visitor section
- Science lot (beside Physics Bldg)
- Yearby Valet lot
The permit cannot be used for:
- Metered parking spaces
- Free parking at Duke events
- Special events where facilities have been reserved for those events. Prior to such an event, signs will be posted.
Obtaining the Permit
To get an after-hours permit, do the following:
- Log in to your parking account with your Duke NetID and password. Have your vehicle make, year, and license plate number available.
- From the Permit menu, select Get Permits. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- On the Select Permit screen, select Afterhours 202X Permit/NGT 202X.
- Complete the check-out process.
- A link to the permit is provided; click to display the permit in your web browser.
- Download and print the permit or store the QR code in your smart phone.
You'll also receive an email confirmation with a link to the permit.
Using the Permit
To use the permit, do one of the following at the in-lane reader:
- Scan the permit QR code
- Swipe your DukeCard
If you need help in the lane, press the intercom (“i").