- Parking & Permits
- Occasional Parking Options
Occasional Parking Options
Manage Your Parking Online
To purchase permits, get on waitlists, pay citations and more, use our online service My Parking Account. If you have a Duke NetID, use it to access the site. If you don't have a NetID yet, log in as a guest.
We have daily and multi-day permits available for purchase by eligible members of the Duke Community. Upon purchase a printable PDF and scannable QR code are immediately available for display and facility access.
- University staff, faculty and graduate and professional students can select from an $10 single-day pass or $24 multi-day pass. The multi-day pass may be used three times over a seven-day period and you choose the first day it will be effective. You may also gain night/weekend access to many parking facilities by obtaining a no-charge, after-hours annual permit.
- Health System staff may purchase parking for several medical campus locations for a $10 single-day pass or a $27 multi-day pass. The multi-day pass may be used three times over a seven-day period and you choose the first day it will be effective. You may also gain night/weekend access to many parking facilities by obtaining a no-charge, after-hours annual permit.
- Registered alternative transportation commuters (carpool or full-time bike commuters) can obtain two free daily permits per month to use when they may need to drive alone and may also purchase day passes. Click here for eligibility and more information.
- Visitors and affiliates may purchase single-day and 30-day permits.
- Inpatient families may purchase discounted parking for use during a family member’s stay at Duke Hospital. Discounted, single-use tickets are $5 and 5-use passes are $25. Both are available for purchase at the Duke Clinic Customer Service Center beside the Medical Center Bookstore. Duke Community members are not eligible to purchase or use discounted validations.
In addition, Hospital visitors may pay for hourly parking in several garages on the medical campus.
All customers may pay with a credit card via a secure, DukePay hosted-order page. Benefits-eligible staff may also payroll deduct their permit cost. Graduate and professional students may also bill the permit cost to their student account.
All permit sales are final and refunds or exchanges will not be made.
To purchase these permits, visit My Parking Account and log in with your Duke NetID and password or log in as a Guest. Follow the on-screen prompts until you reach the “Select Permit” page.
Depending upon your affiliation type (faculty, staff, student, visitor, affiliate), you may choose from several of the parking locations provided below.
Occasional Permit Locations
Eligibility and permit supply vary by location.
University locations $10 and $24
- 705 Broad St.
- Science Drive Garage
- Campus Drive
- Medical Campus locations - $10 and $27
- Parking Garage 3
- GC Lot
- PL Lot