Graduate & Professional Student Permits
Beginning in 2021-2022, you will keep the same permit for the duration of your graduate career at Duke or up to three years, according to the information in our system. Your parking fee will be billed to your student account annually, and is subject to change each year.
If you are a graduate or professional student and your school or program is not listed below, you may do the following:
- Renew your annual current permit.
- Purchase a Science Drive Garage permit at the graduate student rate of $501/year.
- Occasional Permits: Purchase daily parking permits for occasional use. View the details on this page.
If you are a student in one of the following programs, eligibility for parking facilities varies. Your program administrator will provide parking information:
- Fuqua School of Business, Law School, and Sanford School of Public Policy
- Medical School
- Arts & Sciences PhD
- Master of Biomedical Science
- Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- MD PhD
- Medical Physics
- Medical Science
- Molecular Genetics & Microbiology
- School of Nursing PhD
- Ophthalmology Tech
- Pathology Assistant
- Teaching MA
Your annual permit is assigned to you and cannot be shared.
Purchasing a Permit
If you have a NetID and password, a vehicle license plate number, and a local address where your permit can be mailed, you may go online to purchase your permit. Sales for 2022-2023 permits for most students begin June 15, 2022.
- The annual permit(s) available to you and associated pricing will be displayed.
- Your parking fee is billed to your bursar account annually, and is subject to change each year.
- Your permit will be mailed within five days of purchase.
To purchase a permit, click My Parking Account.
Special accommodations may be made for people with temporary or permanent disabilities.