Beginning in 2021-2022, you will keep the same permit for the duration of your graduate career at Duke or up to three years, according to the information in our system. Your parking fee will be automatically billed to your student account annually in June, and is subject to change each year.
If you are a graduate or professional student, you may do the following:
- Allow your annual current multi-year permit to be renewed for $258. It will be automatically renewed and the cost will be billed to your student account in June, unless you return the permit to us. Please do not order a permit online; continue to use your current permit.
- Purchase a Science Drive Garage or Parking Garage 3 permit at the graduate student rate of $258/year.
- If you have an annual permit in a facility or lot other than Science Drive Garage or Parking Garage 3, and it does not expire until 2024 or 2025, you may continue to park there as long as the permit is renewed. If the permit is returned, the only locations available to you will be Science Drive Garage or Parking Garage 3.
- Occasional Permits: Purchase daily parking permits for occasional use. View the details on this page.
Your annual permit is assigned to you and cannot be shared.
Purchasing a Permit for the First Time
If you have a NetID and password, a vehicle license plate number, and a local address where your permit can be mailed, you may go online to purchase your permit. Sales for 2023-2024 permits for most students begin June 7, 2023.
**Please Note: Parking Garage 3 permits are still available, but unfortunately cannot be purchased online at this time. Please visit one of our offices or call us at 919-684-7275 to purchase a PG3 permit immediately. You may also request a permit by writing firstname.lastname@example.org, but it will take several days for it to be mailed to you.
- The annual permit(s) available to you and associated pricing will be displayed.
- Your parking fee is billed to your bursar account annually, and is subject to change each year.
- Your permit will be mailed within five days of purchase.
To purchase a permit, click My Parking Account.
Special accommodations may be made for people with temporary or permanent disabilities.