Evening and Weekend NGT Night Permit
If you are a faculty or staff member, commuting student, alumni or visitor and do not own an annual parking permit, you are eligible to order an after-hours ("NGT") permit. If you have an annual permit, it will grant access to the same lots as a Standard NGT permit.
Standard NGT permits are effective July 15, 2023 through Aug. 15, 2024 at no cost.
NGT Permit Hours:
- Monday through Friday from 5 p.m. to 6:59 a.m.
- All day Saturday and Sunday
- University holidays
NGT Permit Locations, Restrictions and Proper Use
The permit cannot be used for:
- Metered parking spaces
- Free parking at Duke events
- Spaces reserved 24 hours per day, including Service and Carpool spaces
- Special events where facilities have been reserved for those events. Prior to such an event, signs will be posted.
Free NGT permits will be issued as .pdfs only. Hangtag permits are not available.
|STANDARD NGT PERMIT LOCATIONS
|705 Broad Street
|Allen Lot - Lower Entrance
|Allen Lot - Upper Entrance
|Card Gym Lot
|Campus Dr. Gated Lot
|East Campus Ungated Lots
|East Gated Lot 1 (Gilbert-Addoms)
|East Gated Lot 2 (Rear of Lilly)
|FEL Lab Lot
|Green Zone (Grounds Lot)
|LaSalle Upper Gated Lot
|Parking Garage 4 (Bryan Center)
|Science Drive Garage
|Smith Warehouse South Lot
|Smith Warehouse North Lot
|Fuqua Lot (Affiliation with Fuqua School required)
|Law Lot (Affiliation with Law School required)
|Public Policy Lot (Affiliation with Sanford School required)
|Science Lot (Affiliate with Math and Physics programs required)
|HEALTH SYSTEM STANDARD NGT PERMIT LOCATIONS
|Parking Garage 1 - Trent Dr. Entrance
|Parking Garage 2
|Parking Garage 3
|Research Dr. Garage
|RESTRICTED LOCATIONS - NO NGT PERMITS ALLOWED
|Abele ("Main") Quadrangle
|Bryan Research Garage
|Nursing School Lot
|Research Dr. Garage Visitor and Reserved Levels
|Science Dr. Garage Visitor Level
|Student Wellness Lot
|Yearby Avenue Valet Lot
|Individual Building Lots on Chapel Drive and Campus Drive
Obtaining the Permit
To get an after-hours permit, do the following:
- Log in to your parking account with your Duke NetID and password. Have your vehicle make, year, and license plate number available. If you are a visitor and do not have a NetID, log in and create a Guest Login.
- From the Permit menu, select Get Permits. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- On the Select Permit screen, select NIGHT 2024. University TDM (alternative transportation) customers should select the appropriate NIGHT TDM 2024 permit.
- Complete the check-out process.
- A link to the permit is provided; click to display the permit in your web browser.
- Download and print the permit or store the QR code in your smart phone.
You'll also receive an email confirmation with a link to the permit. If you need a new copy of the permit, you can obtain it on-line by logging into your parking account.
Using the Permit
To use the permit, do one of the following at the in-lane reader:
- Scan the permit QR code
- Swipe your DukeCard
If you need help in the lane, press the intercom (“i").