Individuals who occasionally visit the University after-hours or on weekends may request a complementary ("NGT") permit by submitting this form.
Faculty, staff, students and affiliates with a Duke Unique Identification Number should order a NGT permit at our on-line portal.
A link to the NGT permit will be emailed to requestors upon review by PTS staff.
- Display the permit in your browser.
- Download and print the permit or store the QR code in your smart phone.
- Scan the QR code to enter and exit lanes at garages and gated surface lots.
- If you need help at the gates, press the intercom button ("i") on the equipment panel in the lane.
The NGT permit is valid in almost all garages, gated and surface lots between the hours of 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. Monday through Friday, and all day on weekends. Restricted locations where the NGT permit cannot be used include:
- Fuqua lot
- IM lot
- Law lot
- Nursing School (NS) lot
- Public Policy lot
- Research Dr. Garage reserved and visitors sections
- Science Dr. Garage visitor section
- Science lot (beside Physics Building)
- All Valet lots
In addition, the permit cannot be used for:
- Metered parking spaces
- Free parking at Duke events
- Special events where facilities have been reserved for those events. Prior to such an event, signs will be posted.