Winter Break 2020
Duke Parking and Transportation Services will adjust portions of its transit schedule and parking lot availability during winter break, from Nov. 23 to Jan. 10.
Parking and transit adjustments between Nov. 23 and Jan. 10
1. Beginning Nov. 23, the H2 route will service Grey Stone Church lots, but will not transport passengers to the remote lot on Hillsborough Rd. nearest 9th St. and across from Harris-Teeter. Instead, parking customers with R1 and R2 permits may continue to park at the Grey Stone lots or park closer to campus at no extra charge between Nov. 23 and Jan. 8 at these locations:
2. Customers with annual permits may park in all garages and gated lots by using their permit or DukeCard badge on Dec. 24, 25, 31 and Jan. 1. On Dec. 25 and Jan. 1, all facilities will be open for complimentary parking. Weekend and afterhours permit access to garages and surface lots will continue.
3. Students may park vehicles in the Science Drive Garage from Nov. 16 through Jan. 18 on levels 5 and above. Students with valid, annual parking permits (except NGT/night permits) may enter and exit the garage using their permit or Duke ID. Students without permits may purchase one for $85 at ManageMyParkingAccount.
4. Transit schedules will be adjusted throughout the winter break period.
|Route||Days of Week||Begins||Ends|
|H2 - Hospital Loop||Monday - Friday||5:30am||9:38pm|
|C1 - East-West Campus||Monday - Friday||8:00am||9:00pm|
|C1 - East-West Campus||Saturday||8:30am||9:07pm|
|C1 - East-West Campus||Sunday||8:30am||9:07pm|
|SWS - Swift Avenue Shuttle||Monday - Friday||8:00am||8:59pm|
|SWS - Swift Avenue Shuttle||Saturday||8:30am||9:08pm|
|SWS - Swift Avenue Shuttle||Sunday||8:30am||9:08pm|
|PR1 - Bassett-Research Dr.||Monday - Friday||7:30am||7:09pm|
|LL - LaSalle Loop||Monday-Friday||7:00am||9:14pm|
Holiday transit adjustments are as follows:
Wednesday, Nov. 25 - Van service will end at 11:59pm
Thursday, Nov. 26 - No transit or van service
Friday, Nov. 27 - No H2, PR1 or van service
- C1 route runs 1 bus from 9am to 7pm
- SWS route runs 1 bus from 10am to 7pm
- LL route runs 1 bus from 7am to 9pm
Saturday, Nov. 28 - Normal weekend transit schedule, no van service
- Wednesday, Dec. 23 - Van service ends at 11:59pm
- Thursday, Dec. 24- No transit or van service
- Friday, Dec. 25 - No transit or van service
- Saturday, Dec. 26 - Normal weekend transit schedule, no van service
- New Year Holiday
- Wednesday, Dec. 30 - Van service ends at 11:59pm
- Thursday, Dec. 31- No transit or van service
- Friday, Jan. 1 - No transit or van service
- Saturday, Jan. 2 - Normal weekend transit schedule, no van service
View Duke TransLoc for real-time transit information.
Parking and Transportation Services offices at room 04230 Duke Clinics will remain open excluding University Holidays (11/26-27, 12/24-25, 12/31 and 1/1).
The Science Drive Garage office, 302 Science Drive will be closed December 21 to January 4th.