How the Lyft Rides Program Works
Through the 2019-2020 academic year, Duke and Lyft are offering access to the following locations at no cost to students and employees:
- Duke Lemur Center: 3705 Erwin Road
- Duke Campus Farm: 4934 Friends School Rd
- Duke Forest Shepherd Nature Trail: NC-751 (students only)
Rides requested in the Lyft app will need a promo code and will be billed to the University. The rides must meet the following conditions:
- The ride must begin on West campus and end at a designated location (listed above) or vice versa.
- Rides must be completed in the Lyft app using the promo code that is provided upon the rider accepting the Waiver and Release.
- The program operates 7-days a week from 6:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. You will not be able to request a ride to/from the above locations outside of these times.
- Guest requiring an accessible vehicle should contact Duke Transit at (919) 684-2218.
- Get the App
Download the Lyft app for iOS or Android. Already have the Lyft app? Go straight to step 3!
- Create Your Account
Set up a Lyft account with your @duke.edu email address. You'll need to add a credit card to cover any tips to the driver.
- Submit Your Info
Add the promo code to the 'Promos' section of the Lyft app. The credit will automatically apply to any rides taken to and from the above locations.