The pandemic has changed operations of GoDurham, GoTriangle and other regional carriers. Currently they are providing free rides and will not accept GoPasses. Please check back here frequently for updates if you are a GoPass customer.
The GoPass is free to students. Eligible faculty, staff, visiting scholars, emeriti, temporary employees, and contract employees pay $25/year.
Eligibility for a GoPass varies:
- Students - All undergraduate, graduate and professional students are eligible.
- Faculty and staff - If you work on or within a half mile of East, West, Central, or the Health System campuses, or at the American Tobacco Campus, you are eligibile. Check the map to verify eligibility.
- Affiliates - Visiting scholars, faculty emeritus, temporary employees, and contract employees are eligible.
Those who are not eligible for a GoPass through Duke include:
- Spouses of Duke faculty, staff, and students
- Students of other universities taking a Duke class
If you are not eligible for a GoPass through Duke, you may purchase passes directly from GoTriangle -- many are discounted.
Obtaining Your GoPass
To obtain a GoPass, do one of the following:
- Students - Order online or bring your current DukeCard (Duke ID) to one of our locations.
- Faculty/staff - Bring your current DukeCard (Duke ID) to one of our locations.
Renewing Your GoPass
GoPasses are valid for one year, from September 1 through September 30 of the following calendar year. We'll email renewal information to you before your GoPass expires.