The GoPass is free to students. Eligible faculty, staff, visiting scholars, emeriti, temporary employees, and contract employees pay $25/year.
Eligibility for a GoPass varies:
- Students - All undergraduate, graduate and professional students are eligible.
- Faculty and staff - If you work on or within a half mile of East, West, Central, or the Health System campuses, or at the American Tobacco Campus, you are eligibile. Check the map to verify eligibility.
- Affiliates - Visiting scholars, faculty emeritus, temporary employees, and contract employees are eligible.
Those who are not eligible for a GoPass through Duke include:
- Spouses of Duke faculty, staff, and students
- Students of other universities taking a Duke class
If you are not eligible for a GoPass through Duke, you may purchase passes directly from GoTriangle -- many are discounted.
Obtaining Your GoPass
To obtain a GoPass, do one of the following:
- Students - Order online or bring your current DukeCard (Duke ID) to one of our locations.
- Faculty/staff - Bring your current DukeCard (Duke ID) to one of our locations.
Renewing Your GoPass
GoPasses are valid for one year, from September 1 through September 30 of the following calendar year. We'll email renewal information to you before your GoPass expires.