Lancaster Commons Shuttle - Updated June 26, 2023
Update: August 9, 2023: The Lancaster Shuttle will be operated by Duke Transit 7-days per week beginning Monday, August 14. Holiday schedule changes and information affecting the route will now be shared with other Duke Transit advisories on the PTS landing page. You can visit the schedule here, or follow the buses on TransLoc.
Update: June 26, 2023: To request a ride on the Lancaster Shuttle on the Independence Day Holiday, Tuesday, July 4, call ahead 919-684-2218 between 11:00am to 6:00pm.
Update: June 12, 2023: To request a ride on the Lancaster Shuttle on the Juneteenth Holiday, Monday, June 19, call ahead 919-684-2218 between 11:00am to 6:00pm.
Update: June 9, 2023: To request a ride on the Lancaster Shuttle on Saturday, June 10, call ahead 919-684-2218 between 10:30am to 1:00pm. The shuttle will then operate on its regular schedule from 1:00pm to 6:30pm. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
Update: May 16, 2023: The Lancaster Shuttle will operate on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29, from 11:00am to 6:00pm.
Update: May 3, 2023: The Lancaster shuttle will be operated by Duke Transit during the summer. The stops will be at the Science Dr. Visitor Lot nearest Whitford Dr., the circle in front of the Bryan University Center near the main door, and Lancaster Commons. Note: These schedules are general estimates based upon normal conditions.
The schedule begins on Monday, May 8:
- Monday 8:30am - 6:30pm
- Tuesday 8:30am - 6:30pm
- Wednesday 8:30am - 6:30pm
- Thursday 8:30am - 6:30pm
- Friday 8:30am - 6:30pm
- Saturday 10:30am - 6:30pm
- Sunday Call ahead for service at 919-684-2218 between the hours of 10:30am and 6:30pm.
Update: March 19, 2023: Masks are recommended, but not required, on the Lancaster shuttle.
Update: March 13, 2023: The Lancaster shuttle schedule during spring break will be:
- Monday, March 13 7:30am - 7:30pm
- Tuesday, March 14 7:30am - 7:30pm
- Wednesday, March 15 7:30am - 7:30pm
- Thursday, March 16 7:30am - 7:30pm
- Friday, March 17 7:30am - 7:30pm
- Saturday, March 18 8:30am - 6:30pm
- Sunday, March 19 8:30am - 6:30pm
Regular service will resume on Monday, March 20.
Update: March 9, 2023: The Lancaster shuttle is experiencing mechanical problems and will remain out of service until the problem can be resolved. Duke Transit will use a small bus to transport passengers to and from campus until the vendor returns the bus to service.
Update: February 6, 2023:
Please view the Spring 2023 Lancaster Commons shuttle schedule here:
Update: January 5, 2023:
- Please note the new link to follow the location of the Lancaster Commons bus: https://cloud.samsara.com/o/2103/fleet/viewer/uW5zJDsWs6sFS4OGCiB5
Update: January 3, 2023:
- The Lancaster shuttle resumes normal service January 9, 2023.
- The Lancaster shuttle will operate from 9:00am – 7:00pm on Monday, Jan. 16, in observance of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
Update: December 11: The Lancaster shuttle is back in operation (11:05am).
Update: December 11: The Lancaster shuttle is experiencing mechanical issues and will remain out of service until the contractor addresses the issues.
- Friday, Dec. 23 – Sunday, Dec. 25: NO SERVICE
- Monday, Dec. 26 – Thursday, Dec. 29: 9:00am – 7:00pm
- Friday, Dec. 30 – Sunday, Jan. 1: NO SERVICE
- Monday, Jan. 2 – Friday, Jan. 6: 9:00am -7:00pm
- Saturday, Jan. 7- Sunday, Jan. 8: 9:00am -7:00pm
- Jan 9th resume normal service
Update: November 17: The Lancaster shuttle schedule over Thanksgiving break will be:
- Wednesday, Nov. 23 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Thursday, Nov. 24 NO SERVICE
- Friday, Nov. 25 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday, Nov. 26 10am - 9:00pm
- Sunday, Nov. 27 8:30am - 6:30pm
Update: October 18: The Lancaster Shuttle is experiencing mechanic issues. Please contact Duke Van Services on Transloc.com or call 919-684-2020 for transportation to Lancaster Commons.
Update: October 12: The Lancaster shuttle wll operate from 8:30am until 7:30pm Saturday, Oct. 15.
Update: October 5: The Lancaster shuttle schedule during fall break will be:
- Friday, Oct. 7 8:30am - 6:30pm
- Saturday, Oct. 8 8:30am - 6:30pm
- Sunday, Oct. 9 8:30am - 6:30pm
- Monday, Oct. 10 8:30am - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, Oct. 11 8:30am - 6:30pm
Regular service will resume on Wednesday, Oct. 12.
Update: September 30: The Lancaster shuttle will cease apartment service at 6:30pm on Friday, Sept. 30.
Update: September 29: The Lancaster shuttle plans to continue service as long as it is safe to do so. However, there could be weather delays or detours as needed based on road flooding. Passengers are encouraged to check Samsara for real-time tracking and location of the shuttle.
Monday, Aug. 15 through Saturday, Aug. 20, from 8:30am-6:30pm, Housing and Residenital Life will provide express shuttle service, operated by Holiday Tours, from Lancaster Commons to the Science Dr. loop near the Bryan Center. The Lancaster Commons shuttle stop is located in the parking lot near the main office. The fall semester schedule begins on Sunday, Aug.21.
The weekday schedule includes 12-minute loops from Lancaster Commons to Science Dr. and back and operate from 7:30am to 10:00pm Monday through Friday, with the last pickup at Science Dr. at 9:54pm. Service breaks take place from 9:06am-9:30am, 11:06am-11:42am, 1:18pm-1:42pm, 3:18pm-3:54pm, 5:30pm-5:54pm, and 7:54pm-8:30pm.
Service will operate on Saturday and Sunday from 8:30am to 6:30pm, with service breaks occuring at 10:30am-11:06am, 1:30pm-1;54pm and 3:54pm-4:30pm.
Duke Van Services will drop off and pick up passengers at Lancaster Commons Monday through Saturday, from 6:30pm to 2:00am, with the last request at 1:30am. Use the TransLoc OnDemand app to request a ride.
Track the Lancaster Commons shuttle by viewing this page.
Face coverings are required on the shuttles at all times. No eating or drinking is permitted.