After-Hours Parking (Night Permits)
We offer a "night" permit -- which conveys access to many gated facilities after hours and on weekends -- at no charge to Duke faculty, staff and students who do not own a permit.
If you own a permit, it conveys access on nights and weekends to most facilities.
Valid locations and hours
The after-hours permit is valid in all gated facilities except:
- Fuqua lot
- IM lot
- Law lot
- Nursing School (NS) lot
- Public Policy lot
- Research Dr. Garage reserved section
- Science lot (beside Physics Bldg)
It is not valid for:
- Free parking at Duke events
- Special events where facilities have been reserved for those events. Prior to such an event, signs will be posted.
The permit is valid:
- Monday through Friday from 5 p.m. to 6:59 a.m.
- All day Saturday and Sunday
How to get and use the night permit
You can order the permit online; we'll deliver it to you via email as a printable PDF.
To get an after-hours permit, do the following:
- Log in to your parking account with your Duke NetID and password. Have your vehicle make, year, and license plate number available.
- From the Permit menu, select Get Permits. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- On the Select Permit screen, select Afterhours 20XX Permit/NGT 201X.
- Complete the check-out process.
When you receive email confirmation, click the link provided to print the permit.
Scan the permit's barcode at the in-lane reader, and display the permit on your dashboard. If you need help in the lane, press the intercom (“i").