New Parking Season and Academic Year Frequent Questions
Q. I ordered my permit and I haven't received it. What do I do?
- Send us an email at email@example.com. We will search for it in the office and let you know what to do next.
- If you have a 2013 permit, keep using it. It is valid until Sept. 1.
Q. Can I order a permit without a permanent license plate?
- Yes. Enter your Duke Unique ID as the license plate number. After you receive your permanent tag, add the new information at Manage My Parking Account. Please note that you will not be able to delete any previous license plate numbers.
Q. Do you sell a one-semester permit?
- No, we don't. The annual permit rate is prorated monthly. If you buy a permit in the fall and return it by the end of January 2014, we will send a prorated credit to your student account.
- If you need a permit after studying abroad this fall, purchase one on-line in the spring. The fee will be prorated.
Q. When do the buses start running on the fall schedule?
- Check the PTS homepage for the article "Fall Bus Schedule Begins Monday".
Q. I do not need my parking permit. How do I keep from being charged?
- Return your permit to PTS as soon as possible. Once we have received the permit, we will stop the payroll deduction or issue a prorated credit to your student account.
- You can either mail the permit back to us at Parking and Transportation Services, Box 90644, Durham, NC 27708, or drop it off at one of our offices. Visit this page to see our locations and hours.
- Permit fees are prorated on the 16th of each month. For customers who payroll deduct, your payment is deducted in arrears. For example, your September deduction covers the period of Aug. 16 through Sept. 15. We do not issue refunds for permits used for a partial month.
Q. My 2013 GoPass expires Sept. 30. How can I renew it?
- If you are a graduate or undergraduate student, you can order a 2014 GoPass by using Manage My Parking Account. Your permit will not be automatically renewed.
- Employees with 2013 GoPasses will be contacted regarding renewal in early September.