Duke bus schedules for East, West and Central adjusted
Schedules for several Duke bus routes have been adjusted under a pilot program through the end of the year.
The schedule modifications includes extending the hours of the C-1 bus service that runs between East and West campuses on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and abbreviating the C-2 Weekday, C-2 Saturday and C-2 Sunday bus routes that serve East, West and Central campuses on Thursday and Friday evenings and on weekends.
The abbreviated C-2 routes will eliminate service on Yearby/Flowers and Swift Avenue, which shortens the trip by about three minutes. On the abbreviated schedule, the bus will leave each East and West campuses twice an hour.
The modifications include:
- extending the C-1 bus service (East-West) until 3:57 a.m. on Thursday and Friday evenings
- operating the C-1 (East-West) bus on the weekends from 8:40 a.m. until 3:57 a.m.
- using the abbreviated C-2 Weekday route from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. on Thursday and Friday evenings
- using the abbreviated C-2 Saturday route from 8:45 a.m. - 4 a.m. on Saturday
- using the abbreviated C-2 Sunday route from 8:45 a.m. - 1:10 a.m. on Sunday
Duke will evaluate the changes by the end of the year to determine whether they should be extended to cover all evenings in 2011.