Duke Parking & Transportation Services works with GoSmart and Piedmont Regional Transit Authority (PART) to organize the vanpool program for Duke employees. Not only do GoSmart and PART vans park for free at Duke, but each agency provides the van, pays for gas and insurance, and arranges, oversees, and pays for all maintenance. Riders pay a low monthly fare based on monthly round-trip mileage. The primary driver does not pay.
At Duke, vanpools are assigned to reserved parking spaces at no charge and are not required to have Duke parking permits. Each participant receives 2 free daily parking passes each month for times they need to drive separately.
Joining or Forming a Vanpool
- Check out the GoSmart and PART websites to see if there is an existing van with vacancies that suits your needs.
- If you need to form a new van, get at least seven people (a driver and six riders) who live and work near you and share approximately the same work hours. SharetheRideNC can help you find commuting partners.
- For GoSmart vanpools, one leg of the commute must begin or end in Wake, Durham, or Orange counties. PART vanpools begin in the Triad area.
- Select a primary driver and backup driver. Determine pickup and drop off locations and times.
- Complete an application form available from GoSmart or PART.
Does Duke offer any benefits to vanpoolers?
Duke Parking & Transportation Services will pay the $300 deposit on newly forming vans if at least 50% of the passengers are Duke employees, and also offers a $10 per month per person discount for each Duke employee participating in a GoSmart or PART van. All vans park for free on campus. To request a new van parking space at Duke or sign up for your monthly discount, please notify our Transportation Demand Management staff of your desired parking location and van number by calling (919) 684-3640 or (919) 684-2391.
What if I can’t vanpool one day or have an emergency?
Each member of a vanpool that does not hold a Duke parking permit can download 2 free daily parking passes per month for days someone needs to drive alone. Additional daily passes can be purchased for $7 by any member on-line or at the Parking and Transportation office.
For unexpected crises, employee vanpool members may register for GoSmart's Emergency Ride Home Program. ERH offers up to six free taxi rides home per year in case of illness or unscheduled overtime.
What if a member drops out of our vanpool?
Vanpools must have at least six riders and one driver. If the number of participants drops below that, a new member must be added within 30 days to retain vanpool privileges.
What happens if the vanpool disbands?
Former participants will be offered parking options available at that time.