Extended Rentals Through Enterprise
If Enterprise CarShare cars are unavailable or you want a vehicle for an extended trip, Enterprise Rent-A-Car provides regular rental options to Duke University students, faculty and staff.
Reserving a Vehicle
- Vehicle rentals through Enterprise Rent-A-Car are available for all Duke community members 18 years or older. Drivers 18 to 20 may only rent vehicles from the Enterprise facility at 3143 Hillsborough Rd.
- Payment options include money order, debit or credit card. Additional documentation may be required.
- Call (919) 309-1030 for rates and rental requirements.
- A valid DukeCard must be presented at the time of the transaction.
Receiving Your Rental Vehicle
Enterprise offers pick-up service on campus. Please notify Enterprise you need to be picked up when you make the reservation.
Returning Your Rental Vehicle
When you return your vehicle to the Enterprise facility, you'll receive free transportation back to campus. You may also return the car to designated parking areas on campus only under the following circumstances:
- If the Enterprise facility is closed when you need to return the vehicle
- You have made prior arrangements to return the vehicle on campus
Drivers 18 to 20 need to provide a valid DukeCard, proof of full coverage insurance and a credit card.
All students and employees should check to see if their personal auto policy or credit card covers rental vehicles. For questions regarding insurance, call the state insurance department at (800) 546-5664.
Customers 21 and up can purchase Enterpise's protection products or use their own insurance. The cost of damage waivers range from $14.99 to $19.99 per day (depending on vehicle) and liability protection is $10.99 per day.
Hillsborough Road branch hours of operation
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to noon
Sunday: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.