Daily Parking Passes for Alternative Transportation Programs
Students, faculty and staff can receive daily parking passes if they are registered with Duke Parking and Transportation in carpool/rideshare, vanpool or full-time bike commuter programs.
Up to two free daily permits are available per calendar month - unused permits do not carry over to the following month. If you end up not using a free daily permit on the day you selected, a pass cannot be refunded for an additional day that month.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to receive a daily parking permit if you are registered with Duke Parking and Transportation as a carpool/rideshare participant, vanpool participant or full-time bike commuter:
- Log in to "Manage My Parking Account" using your NetID and password.
- Click "Purchase Permits" from your list of choices.
- Read the rules and policies.
- Verify your home address.
- Select "Daily TDM Printable Permit," click the checkbox after reading the statement, then click "Next." If "Daily TDM Printable Permit" is not an option, but you are registered with Duke Parking and Transportation in one of the programs listed at the top of this page, contact the Duke Parking office at (919) 684-7275.
- Click on the date you'll need the permit for, then click "Next."
- Select the vehicle you'll be driving. If you do not have a vehicle listed, you will be asked to add one.
- Put a check in the box next to the lot you'd like to park in and click "Next." Though there is a list of lots here, you are only allowed to park in the lot you select.
- After reviewing the details of the permit, click "Pay Now" even though there is no charge.
- Check the box that you have read the statement and click "Next."
- Click "Print Permit." You'll also be emailed a link to a copy of the permit if you'd like to print it later.
- Display your printed permit on the dashboard of the car you selected.
You will be granted gate access for the lot you selected on the day you selected. You can gain access by swiping your DukeCard ID at that gate entrance. It may take as much as 10 minutes for access to be conveyed to your DukeCard ID.
If you need additional passes after using your two free passes, you may purchase a daily parking pass for $4.00 by visiting Manage My Parking Account. Lots and garages available with this pass include Parking Garage III, Hock Garage, Smith Warehouse, East Campus employee areas (EAE permit), the Blue Zone on West Campus, and Central Campus parking.
For more information, contact Parking and Transportation Services at (919) 684-7275 or email email@example.com.