As part of Duke’s continuing efforts to create a more sustainable campus by reducing traffic, Parking and Transportation Services offers a carpool program with an array of incentives, including free and convenient parking for groups of four or more people. The carpool program is open to all Duke staff, faculty, and students who have a vehicle and live off-campus.
In addition to saving money, cutting emissions and reducing wear on your vehicle, Duke carpoolers receive a permit that allows access to designated spaces in a number of convenient lots.
Staff/Faculty/Graduate & Professional Students:
- Four (4) or more participants get FREE parking in a preferred Duke lot. Each member receives up to 2 daily parking passes per month to a preferred lot for the days someone needs to drive alone.
- Three (3) participants pay $4.50 monthly per person. Each member receives up to 2 daily parking passes per month to a preferred lot for the days someone needs to drive alone.
- Two (2) participants each pay half of the annual permit price for access to a preferred lot. Rideshare commuters park in regular spaces; not in designated carpool spaces. Each member receives up to 2 daily parking passes per month to a preferred lot for the days someone needs to drive alone.
- Four (4) or more participants get FREE and reserved parking in the first lot on the left as you enter the Blue Zone and receive up to 10 day passes per semester for unreserved spaces in the Blue Zone.
- Three (3) participants pay $44 per person and receive the same benefits as a 4-person carpool.
Registering Your Carpool
How do I apply for a carpool permit?
- Find commuters who work near you and have a similar schedule.
- Select the preferred lot for your carpool space.
- Gather information: Duke Unique ID number for each carpool member, license plate number and state, year, make, model and color of all vehicles.
- Designate one participant to complete the application found here.
- You and your group must visit our office at the address on the top of the form. Please bring your group's completed applications with you.
- We will contact you when your permit and passes are processed. One person may pick them up at the Parking Office at 2010 Campus Drive.
For more information, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (919) 684-PARK.